Advantages and disadvantages of powder coating
Advantages of Powder Coating
- Performance and quality:1.Tougher,more durable coatings;2. More impervious and corrosion resistant ;3.More consistent finishes.
- Productivity:1.Ease of application; 2 .Fewer rejected parts ; 3.Reduced cleanup ;4.Fast turnaround.
- Economics:1.Lower disposal costs;2.Lower energy costs 3.Lower labor costs ;4.Lower reject costs ;5.Lower applied materials costs.
- Environmental :1.Near 0VOC ;2.No sludge or solvent disposal;3.Virtually 100% efficient in material use;4.Reduced health ,fire,and safety hazards
Disadvantages of Powder Coating
- Difficult to obtain Thin film: Thin films(25um) are more difficult to obtain with powder than with wet paint.
- Color changing is slower: Color change is much slower with powder coatings than with liquid paints.
- Powders can not be mixed:Powders can not be mixed with one another to obtain different colors.